Collinson Grant is committed to the principles of privacy, security and transparency. We take the utmost care in our responsibilities as controllers and processors of personal data and fully comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018. This is underpinned by our accreditation to the standards of ISO27001.
This privacy notice tells you what information we may collect, in particular through use of this website, and how we use that information. We encourage you to read this policy in its entirety in order to fully understand the processing that we do, and the rights you have as a data subject.
By using this website and submitting information to us you are agreeing to the collection and use of your personal and non-personal information as described in this notice.
The type of information we collect from users
You do not need to register your personal information in order to use this website. We collect only such personal data as is provided voluntarily by visitors to our website and is necessary in the circumstances. For example, you may provide information such as your name, title, work address and e-mail address in order to register for certain services or to send or receive e-mails to/from us through the site.
Uses of collected information
- We will use your personal data only for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we obtain your specific consent to other uses, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. For example, if you send us an e-mail message requesting information about Collinson Grant we will use your e-mail address and other information you supply to respond to your request.
- We do not disclose your personal data to third parties except as required and permitted by applicable law.
- We do not sell your personal data or provide it to third parties for their direct marketing use. We may add your personal data to our database which we use to develop our relationship with current and prospective contacts.
Data security and storage
- Collinson Grant has appropriate security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data and information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction.
- You should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security controls to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We use reasonable efforts to retain personal data collected from you only for so long as we need such data in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected or until we are requested to delete it (if earlier).
If you wish to unsubscribe from any mailing list or registration, we will provide instructions on the appropriate web page or communication, or you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Provision of professional services
- Collinson Grant will also sometimes receive personal information in the course of providing professional services – ordinarily when we provide services to private individuals, employers, businesses with personal customers, and public sector clients. Our proposal, Code of Conduct and Terms for Trading govern our relationship with clients.
- Collinson Grant complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations and applicable regulatory guidance which relates to our handling of personal data in accordance with the standards of ISO 27001.
Our lawful reasons for processing personal data
The lawful reasons we have to collect, and process personal data will depend upon the context of the processing undertaken and/or type of personal data being processed and may be one of the following:
- Contract – We may process personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations.
- Consent - We may rely on your freely given consent at the time you provided your personal data to us.
- Legitimate interests – We may have a legitimate interest based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable and balanced. For example in the marketing and promotion of our services to existing and potential business contacts
- Legal obligations and public interests – We may process personal data in order to meet regulatory and public interest obligations or mandates.
Your rights under data protection regulations
Under current regulations, data subjects have the following set of rights concerning the processing of personal data:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information – in particular if that data is used for direct marketing activities
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (also known as 'the right to be forgotten');
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (also known as 'the right to data portability')
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
If you wish to submit a request in relation to our use of your personal data, please contact us using one of the methods shown below. We will make due consideration of whether or not the right applies in the specific circumstances and explain our reasons to you. You can contact us directly by:
- using the 'Contact us' section of this website
- sending an e-mail to email@example.com (marking the e-mail as FAO the Data Privacy Manager)
- writing to Collinson Grant at Ryecroft, Aviary Road, Worsley, Manchester, M28 2WF (marking the letter as FAO the Data Privacy Manager)
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws - https://ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
Collinson Grant keeps this Privacy Notice under regular review and may modify or amend it from time to time at our discretion. If we make changes, we will record the date of amendment or modification in the Privacy Notice. The revised Privacy Notice will apply to you and your information from that date. We would encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to check if there are any changes in how we are treating your personal data. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 20th December 2019.